Monday, April 18, 2011

Strawberry lesson

What can I say, they didn't feel quite right so I asked my painting pals and got a variety of answers.  One was " It looks too ripe - almost rotten".  You might think this hurts my feelings, but no, I am made of tougher stuff and that perspective gave me pause.  Two other friends, said "you need to put some of the green into the red and red into the green." Also, the plate was catching the eye too much! This is good helpful criticism. 

So, I bought some more strawberries and ate them! Then, I revisited the painting and putzed, why not!  Here is the revised version.  I am done!

new version, different plate, softer background, different shadow



Old version, plate white, shadow dead


No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...