Monday, July 6, 2015

A.L. Anderson and Langley Marina



 I read in the South Whidbey Record that a fire destroyed this house 50 years ago.  It was on the night that the ? current occupants were being married.  It appears that a new roof is being installed.  The owners of this large and historic property let their new neighbors from the Highlands use part of the property for a pea patch. The next door property of Langley Woodsman's cemetery,where I sat to paint this sketch, was donated by the Anderson family.
BTW we call it the Al Anderson house but the newspaper said it was the home of A.L. Anderson!




Just as I was getting ready to leave the Marina, I moved the car near the Schell's house because the light on the Nichols Bros pier was so pretty.  I had to move fast and did the initial sketch with my one inch brush to capture the mellow colors .          


No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...