Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Chocolate Sunflower

6x6 oil on board
I was inspired this week by my bounty crop of Chocolate Sunflowers.  These beauties were seeds from the Chocolate Flower Farm in Langley.  I carefully selected where each one would go, placed a couple of seeds in the ground, then marked it with a bottomless pot, so I would know where to water.  It was touch and go between me and the Jays, but out of 12 seeds, I got about seven plants and they love to bloom!
I've given them as thanks for dinner and to cheer up friends under the weather.  It is a wonderful way to stay connected.

Some of the flowers were dead Chocolate, others had streaks of orange and deep dark red.  This is a 6x6 oil of a brighter flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...