Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chochookam











This weekend was the annual Chochookam Festival in Langley.  A new twist:  The Whidbey Island Sketchers were invited by Whidbey Island Fine Art Studio to travel around town sketching the festivities.  I was initially attracted by a beautiful red motorcycle and the changing light on the building of GHL Enterprise.  That evening as the sun was setting lower in the sky and I was walking up the street the light on the top of the tents and the street dancers attracted my attention.
On Sunday, I took it easy and sat at the back of Useless Bay coffee sketching the audience enjoying the music and then the next groups' Bass player.  It was a fun exercise and the bonus was watching the more professional artists demonstrating at the Fine Art Studio booth near US Bank.

1 comment:

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...