Friday, January 7, 2011

Playing with paint

How can I title this page?  What caused me to create these off the wall paintings.  I love them, because they are from my imagination.  They still have a bit of the Raffeal thing going on with the border, but I think that is a connection to my Folk art past having fun with the decorative.

 I'm sitting here again in Pj's with a cat hiding under my shirt and her tail tickling my leg trying to think of how to get you excited about exploring options.  These little guys (5.5 x 7.5) started out with the Bob Burridge mess slopped all over the gessoed paper and each time I vary the color to make it fun.  Are you hearing me Bob, "I AM HAVING FUN", Thank you.

I look at each base of funky colors that I have splattered, blobbed and see what I can find that says image to me.  In the case of the crazy palm, the background color suggested Oriental, and I think of spiky or slender plants.  I started with a stacked vase/pot and grew a palm.
Crazy Palm 5.5 x 7.5



Steaming Soup 5.5 x 7.5
The wonderful splatters in the soup suggested steam to me, so I took one of our soup bowls and modeled it below the spatters.  A placemat with complimentary colors was a natural move.  Go forth and play!

2 comments:

  1. Oh don't you love playing with paint? Fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice splash of color, Grammie. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Double Bluff

Double Bluff is everyone's favorite walking spot.  We take our dogs for a run, watch for Rainier, judge how much the hill has slipped a...