Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Monterey, what can I say!

We have been visiting Monterey, Ca for the past week and all I can say is, I love you Whidbey Island, I truly do. My home town of Langley is the best, most interesting, for me, place to enjoy retirement with lots of art, outdoor hikes, beaches, good friends.  In a nutshell, it's a perfect home, but, it's been a long time since I've visited Monterey, Carmel and environs.  When we leave, I will not miss the tourist crowds near the Aquarium or in Carmel.  After all I was one of them, but the beaches, eucalyptus trees and Monterey Cyprus trees make me want to be a California plein air painter. Like Arnold said, I will be back!





No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...