Monday, January 12, 2015

Crows, Corvus or Canny Black Birds!

I've been playing with acrylic ink on 300# gessoed watercolor paper.  I distress the background with gold gesso and color, spatters etc.  Then, while looking at free images on the internet, I sketch the crows with the acrylic ink dropper and move the paint with water and alcohol and a small brush or two.  You have to enjoy serendipity and not be attached to perfection.  Here are a few results.
These crows are then finished with a spray varnish and can be framed like oils with no glass!
Pat

Ruffled feathers sold


Grooming
Are you my mother?
Thinking crow sold

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...