Thursday, May 19, 2016

Artsy Trip to McMennimans in Bothell

Sketchers took a field trip a few weeks ago to Bothell!  We went to the multi-facted McMennimans Restaurants, Hotel, Pool, Bar and beautiful grounds.
Its funny how you hone in on a particular scene and don't want to move.  We were in a cozy alcove and I chose this beautiful chair as my first sketch and then changed seats and view and took in the interesting lighting on the ceiling above the bar.  It was a chilly day, the fire was roaring; (a bit too much, whew), we were drinking Italian soda and chatting away.  I embellished both of these sketches with sparkly and white pens.  The atmosphere and furnishings seemed to say, make me pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...