Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Pear

Sometimes it sneaks up on you.  You are marching to life with your own beat, trying to pay attention to your loved ones; trying to ignore all the noise around you pinging for your attention.  Buy me!  You have until xxx at midnight to get your gifts sent in time!  Don't you think that the pressure to buy starts so soon, because the Post Office or the Brown guys need to have time to get those gifts out there?  I remember loving writing Christmas cards, dreaming of snow, planning kids gifts, going to Midnight magical Service at Church.  Once the kids were grown, something happened, I don't know what, but it takes me till December 15th to start marching in step.  Yesterday I had a blah pear with going nowhere values.  Today, a little green, a little red and the Christmas Pear was born.  See, it's the 15th!
 Here is the result.
Christmas Pear. Not for Sale but watch for cards!

Red Christmas Pear - a companion to the Christmas Pear

2 comments:

  1. I like this very much, the textured background and the colors. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful, I will one day try watercolors too!!! In the meantime I will admire the beauty that others such as yourself create!!!
    Blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...