Sunday, July 21, 2019

Cambria CA

In June we met up with former Whidbey Islanders Sooja and Wayne to see their new digs in Walnut Creek and go hiking near San Simeon.  We stayed with the hiking group at the Cambria Pines Lodge, a beautiful piece of property near the Ocean with multiple gardens to enjoy.  In the winter this place features a Christmas event with many small cottages that sell food and gifts.  There is also a small train for kiddos to ride.  Here are a few of the sketches I managed to make.

There were many clever "birdhouses" covered with succulents.  This is the front and back of one of them.
Two of the best hikes were in Montana de Oro State Park.  These sketches were from the second hike.  We were allowed to hike private PGE trails.  They are open only on certain days and I call it an in and out hike.  While walking along the cliffs, I kept hearing music and finally identified it as an opera - don't ask which.  We decided someone on a fishing boat way out there was really enjoying the music-so did I when someone agreed that I wasn't losing my mind.
Buchon Pt, Montana de Oro State Park, CA


No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...