Sunday, June 15, 2014

Durandii Clematis

Durandii Clematis
This particular Clematis is not a natural climber (clinger) and needs to be supported or allowed to wander over and through bushes.  Its very pretty draped over the Rhododendron and our red Barberry.  I cut these flowers on Wednesday and they are still going strong.  The petals are stiff and don't wilt like other Clematis.  I would call this plant a winner!  I found the blue vase and children's silver cup at Good Cheer Two in Clinton.  The spoons have been hanging around waiting to be included in another painting.
The still life sketch was to distract me from the pain of recuperating from Dental Surgery.  Boy, that was a lot of Lidocaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...