Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Icicle Creek, Leavenworth WA

We just spent three days exploring in the Leavenworth, WA area and my favorite walk was Waterside Park and to be more specific the trail over the bridge to Blackbird Island.  On Tuesday, I spent a couple of hours sketching near the bridge as families floated down the creek in colorful tubes and inflatable kayaks.  The guide hung out near the Big Rock and gave everyone instructions where to go next as they rounded the corner into the wider part of the creek.  It looked like something I would like to do in the hot weather.
The big rock!  (Erratic?)  I first saw this at night and knew I had to come back and sketch it!

Tubing down the icy creek.  Refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...