Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Whidbey Art Gallery & Meerkerk Garden

The building is falling or is it the sign ;-)

back-lit Rhodie

What can I say.  I sat outside of our Whidbey Art Gallery on Sunday trying an angle sketch.  An architect I am not, but I enjoyed sitting outside on a beautiful Mothers Day and learned a lesson about taking my time and measuring twice.  There is something about horizontal hanging over a vertical building that gets me every time.  Mike Burroughs, I need your help!
I have been trying to get back into the sketching mode for a couple of weeks.  Its amazing how out of practice you get when you take time off to take care of the business of life, like selling a house, building a house and planning a move.

Another effort is a back-lit Rhodie from Meerkerk Gardens this past Friday.  We won't go into what it took to get the dappled shadow under the bush.  More practice needed.
Remember friends, this blog is about the good and the not so good.  Next post will be a couple of still life oil paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...