Thursday, June 25, 2015

Garden Tour

The Sketchers were invited to sketch in the gardens on the Whidbey Island Garden Tour.   The gardens range from estates to small homes with beautiful plants and unique features.  
 
I first went to the Davis' garden in Freeland and sketched a beautiful Madrona tree and birdhouse. Birds of all types were flying at this home and no wonder, the Davises proved multiple feeders.  A baby sparrow thrilled me by sitting on the top of my sketchbook.
 
Continuing further up the Island to Louise and David Abbott's home, I discovered a garden I would love to come back to over and over.  She has added some beautiful art to the garden and I hadn't seen it in quite a while.  I only had time for one sketch, but could have easily continued to sketch in the front, side and back!
Madrona & Log cabin birdhouse 

My favorite combo Red and Gold

Stacked stone and view

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...