Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Orcas Island Pottery

A few of my favorite paintings in watercolor are gracing the walls of our Co-op.  I usually don't paint on larger than a quarter sheet of watercolor paper, but the Orcas Island potter displays were worth the challenge.  The blue and brown mugs were earthy but beautiful; they looked like they would be a pleasure to hold in your hand.  The plates on the side of the log building were amazing.  The sunshiny day created dramatic shadows and the blue and pink pearl color on one of the plates was very different.
Both of these paintings are professionally framed with conservation clear glass.  I took the photos in the Gallery, so they are looking a bit crooked and show some glare from all the lights.




Pitcher and Pear is a large 16x20.  I painted this in Coupeville with my friend Stella Canfield from a still life setup. I love the composition and the color in this painting.
All three of these are available for your home at the Whidbey Art Gallery, Langley WA, or contact me here at Blogger.

2 comments:

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...