Friday, April 26, 2019

Memorial

I recently came across a beautiful chair in our Community Park.  It was made in memory of Jesse Travis.  I never knew Jesse, just that he was killed in car-crash near our home shortly after we moved to Whidbey Island.
I think Jesse left so many people bereft of his presence because I saw this memorial in the park and his gravestone in the Langley Woodsmen cemetery.  The carved chair has a wooden book draped over the arm so I imagine Jesse was a big reader or at least loved to be read to.
Whidbey is such a caring place (my experience is of South Whidbey), most transplants here feel they've been called to contribute in some way.  My way is to record what I see and ask you to look thru my eyes at the beautiful world that surrounds us even if it is touched by sadness.
Keeping busy sketching Violas on a quiet day at Whidbey Art Gallery



Little park oasis - a memorial to one of Whidbey's lost young.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat: I've always loved that chair. Whidbey is a unique and special place and I miss it. I sure do enjoy seeing you sketches on FB. Hugs, Satyavati and Lucy dog

    ReplyDelete

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...