Monday, February 11, 2019

Snowed in.

After a certain age you convince yourself to be extremely cautious when outside walking on ice and snow, to not be stupid and move too quickly because you might fall...blah blah blah.  I agree we of a certain age need to be smart but not overly cautious.

One of the ways we can still sketch/paint is to bring the outdoors inside.  Here are a couple of sketches done during the overcast snow days sitting on my coffee table looking out.  I have so many more views from the bedroom & kitchen I can work on and darn it, it's snowing again, time to practice what I preach!

I can also work from photos, the light doesn't change, the cow stands still, you get the picture.  Don't stop sketching or painting!  When your outside, practice your sea legs (don't walk like a penguin unless you're on ice), use a hiking pole and have fun.

Here are three sketches finished while inside looking out and, from a photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...