Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sunny flowers

There is nothing like yellow to brighten a gloomy rainy day.  We have been having quite a few watery days this week, all for the good of the garden, but seeing the yellow and red bushes in the garden and painting summer adds quite a bit of cheer to the gray.

This week I'm taking a class with Jeff Legg at Whidbey Island Fine Art Studio.  Jeff is a beautiful painter, I particularly admire his still life paintings.  He makes painting fine details and the set up of still life look so easy, and the results are truly beautiful.  I'll talk more about the results of this class in the future and show a finished painting of my own.  Please check out Jeffs' website and WIFAS for some wonderful art teachers.

Sunny side view

Sunflower swirl


No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...