Saturday, March 16, 2019

Almost Spring

It is still too cold to sketch outside for any length of time so today, I gave myself permission to sketch from photos.
While walking our dog through the neighborhood, I took pictures of the cows, chickens, scenery.  Since then, I've been having a lovely time sitting around sketching from my phone.  Here are two from Al Anderson Farm in Langley, WA.

The chickens were actually scratching grasses and veggies in the corner, but the hole was getting deep, so I imagined a breakout with the third chicken keeping guard.
The Herefords are very friendly because we feed them apples in the fall, they pose so calmly - probably wondering where the apples went.

Anderson Farm is now a VRBO and can be rented by a family.  Not sure how many it sleeps, but know that it has the same feel of around the middle of the twentieth century!   Even the appliances look old but are updated replicas.  Hmm, maybe I need to ask about sketching inside the house.  It has a cozy corner in the living room that catches the afternoon sun.  Perfect for dozing or reading.

Hereford cows - morning Hay!


Butts up!  Don't break out, there are coyotes!






No comments:

Post a Comment

MINI PAINTINGS

Covid 19 threw us all for a loop.  Some hunkered down and ate more; my husband and went for hikes in the fresh air to various favorite locat...